Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Case of Questionable Decor

Most units at Charterstone are decorated with an abundance of hideous decorative pillows and extensive, if not obsessive, collections of cut crystal bottles and candy dishes. However, interesting things pop up now and again, and I think they warrant a closer examination.

Um, I generally don't leave mine on display next to my jewelry box, but whatever floats your Bum Boat, I suppose.



That's better. Your bedside table is really where those things belong.


Fat and/or naked ceramic figurines seem to grace nearly every bookshelf in Charterstone, but fetal kittens entombed in Pyrex seem to be a little rarer. Kind of like those scorpion paperweights, I suppose, but somewhat more severe.


Now I know what this is, so I think this is more a matter of poor execution of illustration. However, I think of how easy it would be to gouge out both my eyes in one quick stroke every time I read The Family Circus.


Everyone likes a nice poster of a pretty girl hanging in their office, but ripping out a lipstick ad from Elle seems a bit weird.



And my personal favorite, the Arcade Fish, which most definitely needs to also be in shirt form. Soon.

Holy Moly! The Pretty Purposes Collection has lamps too.


(sorry about tiny pictures, I don't have the time to resize them all!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog.

I am glad to hear that you were computer-less rather than just not posting. I've been checking back.

Thanks!