Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I think I'll make scampi



How right you are Mary, wearing this shirt makes one feel fresh and tropical, which is an attitude very much conducive to cooking seafood.

The fascinating thing about this shirt is that it is very much an anomaly. Truly in a league of its own, it is stylistically very different from typical Santa Royale fashions. It is clear that this was not the work of the deranged local screen printer (which will be covered in detail in an upcoming post), leaving me to assume it was purchased on a trip to Boca Raton.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for making my day!

I am so impressed, and yet disturbed, that there is someone else out there in the universe that was as impressed/disturbed by Mary's shirt as I was.

It's a shirt that just screams "I'm going to get back together with my patsy doctor boyfriend." Actually, perhaps it's a shirt that just screams.

Wanders said...

Tina, please put your creations up on eBay!

Byron said...

You have been busy! Very funny stuff--I enjoyed it a lot.

Gold-Digging Nanny said...

Too awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is spectacular! I, like the others, was completely distracted by this shirt for the ten days of panels during which Mary wore it (Charterstone time lapse = approx. 1 hour).

Miss Emish said...

Impressive. I'm here via "Mary Worth and Me." You're amazing.

Marc P. said...

Haha my whooooole family is in Boca. I couldn't see this shirt there, but it's very tropical in a 1984 kinda way. hahah!