Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hairdos, but mostly hairdon'ts

My laptop's power cord stopped working again for the 4th time in 5 months, so I've been without my computer, and also without Mary Worth, for nearly a week and a half. My dear friend Becky was gracious enough to read the strip to me over the phone because I was getting somewhat edgy not knowing how Toby's fraud ordeal was progressing. I really didn't miss that much though - all Toby has managed to accomplish is a quick swim and listening to her voice mail over the last 10 or so days.

Anyways, although it might be less scary to forget that we saw Ian's chest hair, we cannot, and it really should be talked about. This post pales in comparison to the Milford Pantheon of Hair, but it is a necessary discussion nevertheless.



I expected Ian to have either no chest hair or tons, sprouting out the top of his casual banded polos. It's surprisingly sparse.

According to the Beard Chart on this page (Should males wear a beard? Should Ian wear a beard?), Ian's style is called a chin curtain. I approve.

Here's the 7-strand comb over that many of you have pointed out - why even try, really?

The flat-ironed Dorothy Hamill:


Not only do we get the 7-Stranded Wonder here, but also the unfortunate result of a mishap involving a 1994 guide to hairstyles, scissors, and the infamous Bag o' Drugs:


I'll add more as I come across them, or if you can think of a particular style that should be here, by all means, please let me know.

2 comments:

Toonhead said...

How about Dawn Weston's Spartan helmet hair? It's even a two tone copper.

Tina said...

I've spent a considerable amount of time (and disdain) pondering Dawn's hair, and I think the two-tonedness is due to bad lighting, although I'm not positive. Perhaps I should look into it further.